Careers guidance 2030
In the Uckermark, it is becoming increasingly difficult to recruit and retain qualified skilled workers. The lack of a skilled workforce is making itself known in the primary sectors. Demographic change, with falling pupil numbers, will exacerbate this problem.
Pupils in the area are being supported from an early age and on an equal basis in choosing their career and further education options with the careers guidance programme "BO 2030" and also because the available offers and activities within the established structures and by the involved parties are being pooled.
By working with local companies, the pupils are made aware of the opportunities for further education and academic studies in the region. Pupils can do work experience in the companies or in workshops run by educational institutions in different career disciplines, so that they can work out which vocational training path/degree course they wish to follow without taking a break in their education.
COMMITTED TO HELPING
YOU TO FIND YOUR ROUTE TO SUCCESS.
TO WIN OVER
Primary school-aged children:
- Awakening interests
- Developing social competencies
- Further development of social competencies
- Introduction to careers guidance
- Practical learning in close cooperation with businesses in the region
Apprentices and students:
- Support until they have successfully completed their training course
- Support at the beginning of the study programme
- Providing contacts, so that it is possible to return home after finishing their studies
- Winning them over as learning companions, partners to schools and partners in choosing an occupation
- Partners for practical careers guidance
GOALS ARE WE
- Creation of a networking centre as a regional educational hub - coordinating the actions of all partners to implement the
- collation and coordination of what is already available in addition to coordinating the new offering of professional and careers guidance into a broad and transparent communication process
- Supporting schools by guaranteeing the provision of high-quality careers guidance, by implementing the school’s own approach to careers guidance and by providing a comprehensive toolkit of measures to enhance careers guidance
- Development of a "practical experience pool in the Uckermark" in conjunction with local businesses
(a district-wide pool offering methods, suggestions and projects to promote practice-oriented learning)
- Development of different offers which are tailored to specific target groups, depending on the opportunities available to the businesses and the extracurricular learning options (e.g. field trips, lectures, work experience...)
THE PATH TO SUCCESS
SHOULD NOT BE A